Committee Meeting 23rd June 2011
Quorum: All Members Present
- The Cricket Club Representatives to the Sports Club Committee both resigned. Motion was proposed for Richard Cross to be new representative. Passed unaminously. Another representative to be sought in time for next Sports Club meeting (unscheduled at time)
- Financial Statements: Club kit is being sold to players at cost and 25 items have been ordered in expectation of player orders in season. Written requests for funding/sponsorship of a new mower (price £4,500) have been made and awaiting response. Sports Club rent could only be settled when Player Memberships are paid. Indoor Nets were financially successful and a great success (awaiting invoice).
- New Members Motion: All existing players were proposed and unanimously approved. In addition; Nick Turner, Rupert Shipperley and Mark Sykes were proposed and unanimously approved.
- Social Event: Motion proposed to utilise the marquee on the coming Saturday and invite players and family for get-together and order takeaway food. Captains to advise players.
- OCA Complaint: Faringdon have complained to the OCA regarding balls lost through fence and ‘unhealthy contamination’ from farm. Motion proposed to approach Sports Club and request temporary fencing be erected during season. Unanimously agreed.
- Golf Social: Matt advised he will seek future golfing social opportunities for Members and find Society deals.
- End Of Season Presentation Evening: Motion to host in the Village Hall under similar format to last year, on Saturday 24th September. Unanimously Agreed.
- Misinformation: It was stated that Cricket Club matters are being mis-reported and in order that the true facts about decisions are known, Committee decisions are to be posted on the Club Website for members to be factually informed. Current rumours of banned players is malicious gossip as no player(s) have been banned by the Committee. Motion was proposed and carried unanimously.
- ‘Junior’ Social: Motion proposed that a mid season social for younger (under drinking age) members be partially funded from ‘Pig’ fines and Mike to organise. Motion carried unanimously.
- Annual Subscriptions: Only players that have paid Annual Membership are eligible for match selection (Saturday or Midweek). Captains will allow one week grace in order that all are informed due to confusion over amounts. Proposed that from 2nd July no player could be selected unless Annual Subscription paid. Motion carried unanimously
- Annual Subscriptions: The amounts were clarified as: Adult Player £50. Junior Player £25. Non Playing Member £10. Midweek Only Player £10. Junior Players are defined as being 17 or under at the start of the Academic Year.
Next Meeting 4th August.
Committee Meeting 12th April 2011
Quorum - All Members Present.
- Motion was proposed that all new Members are to be approved by the Committee, by majority vote, upon application via any Member. Without majority agreement the applicant would not be accepted into the Club. The motion was unanimously passed
- Motion was proposed that ALL Members must be approved each year by the Committee, by majority vote. The vote to take place prior to each Season. Any Member without majority agreement would not be accepted into the Club for that Season. The motion was unanimously passed.
- Motion of Vote of Thanks for all that assisted with the Race Night. Highly successful event which raised almost £2,000 for the Club. Particular thanks to Nick Tyler, Carl Needham and John (the brewer)
- Motion of Vote of Thanks to Mark Leonard for kind Sponsorship. Unanimously Approved.
- Action: The former Batting and Bowling Trophies to be housed in the Pavilion.
- Statements: Ground preparation all in hand despite strange dead grass patches probably caused by fungal damage in severe Winter. Umpire Fixtures and preparation all in hand with Barry Timms and Mark Leonard. Indoor Nets were being very well attended and all Captain’s pleased with positive turnout.
Next Meeting Scheduled for 23rd June